The UC Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide)

5 posters

Go down

Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide) Empty Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide)

Post  armenia4ever Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:19 am

Heres some stuff i just wrote up. Feel free to keep adding experiences and stories so we can help moonshine write this guide.

Newbish mistakes are very common among newer players. We all were once.

I can remember many examples of just downright unintelligent mistakes I made. One was where I had recently lost to someone who had a bunch of P class in their fleet. I was operating at around 30mil pr that day. My opponent and me were both stacking, with both our stacks pretty close together no spamming on either end. I decided to throw two stacks of runners and a stack of queens to counter my opponents p class, which were at the bottom of his stack. My hope was that I would simply , wipe out all of his p class in this one hit. Well in fact, the opposite happened. His p class all fired first because their range is so high, and the result was that all of my runners and queens were wiped in the first round. His p class the next round with the added damage of his first 3 stacks, flanked the rest of my ships, wiped them out, and sent me to base pr. My face dropped, and I'm like , “ What the hell just happened?” What had happened, is that i had foolishly tried to counter P class with runners and queens at almost equal pr, except that my first 3 stacks were a bit higher.

Another mistake is when I first realized, that runner spams will dominate any stack, except fodders, that is a good 500 mil pr or more under them. When I was a guard, I kept running into collective runner spammers, not that they had really anything else to spam, considering their ships suck. So i decided to counter by putting my topaz and emerald on the top of my stacks which were balanced. The result of the battle was that my topaz and emerald fired first, took some of the runners out, and then were wiped out when the runners returned fire and attacked. Another lesson that I almost learned the hard way, had he attacked my main, instead of me attacking his. He didnt retal me until several minutes later, and I had already dropped my stacks pr, so my op would pop up as the first 4 stacks.

Runner spams will do well against balanced stacks , if your the attacker. Let say you attack with 6 stacks of 2 bil pr each, and your opponents runner spams are 3.5 bil a stacks. The result is that your two top stacks will most likely die, if their death rate is above 50%. So thats miner G class, Fallen, Aragonite, Nirvana, all P class, the hammerhead, and eel. So is this is pretty much all the ships that virals have RE'd. (Im not sure what the ryus death ratio is). The only real way to counter a spam ,for the most part, is to spam a good 1-2 bil above your opponents spam, and teach them a lesson. If your ships counter your opponents right, you should be able to win the battle. Firing the first shot can also be useful, which is why you'll see a lot of p class/ runner spams. P class are after all known for their range. If you use spam them about 1.5 bil – 2 bil above your opponents spam, you should fire first, and if facing ships with low hull and high death ratios like runners, you'll wipe them out. This assumes you dont hit a p class spam that will end up firing first, because their on the defense.
armenia4ever
armenia4ever
True Member
True Member

Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2006-12-25

Back to top Go down

Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide) Empty Re: Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide)

Post  kakashi Mon Oct 29, 2007 1:01 pm

maybe if someone can put a new toppic about how to restart succesfully to gain certain arties over and over again (collective, marauder) then i would have done this kind ofmistake.

i earned over 240 dp's spend like hell on unintelligent thigns and realized i came short on dp's to get full alien systems with all projects i wanted.

if i knew how to restart getting btc's and regalo's before then i would have kept my 240 dp's and sell btc's/regs for dp's to get my required dp's for my full alien systems and projects.

now -.-" wasted 240dp's just to restart all the way collective and marauder missions for dp's xD
kakashi
kakashi
tester
tester

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2007-10-29

Back to top Go down

Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide) Empty Re: Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide)

Post  YesMan4 Wed Oct 31, 2007 1:18 pm

hmmm..n00b mistakes...All that comes to mind was joining Bloodline without even REALIZING that I was joining a suicider fed. Just joined for OP. Course, looking back, that's quite possibly the best move I ever made. I'm a full-time sui now.

YesMan4
tester
tester

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2007-10-31

Back to top Go down

Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide) Empty Re: Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide

Post  moridin Tue Nov 13, 2007 11:26 pm

I sometimes attack people repeatedly with an econ mini, then I get slaughtered on a retal, then I finally realize that I had been using an econ mini the entire time (instead of the war minister I had planned on using).

moridin
tester
tester

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2007-11-13

Back to top Go down

Newb mistakes made by players. (To help moonshines guide) Empty my mistakes

Post  thorror Sun May 17, 2009 7:23 am

one of mine before was:
before getting 6 darks and eden i completed the missions in act 2 i think and got orion so i restarted i lernt it the hard way Sad

another one was:
i decided not to do act one cause i restarted and it wasnt after the first one it was before so i skiped act 1 and i got viator to explore planets and not puting enough planets in comerical( it before i relised tax was the way) i went to debt and lost or watever

thorror
tester
tester

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-05-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down